Currently, Lyrical Press, Lyrical Shine are looking to acquire innovative new fiction in all romance genres (especially suspense and stories with unique settings), compelling psychological fiction and thrillers, women’s fiction, YA, new adult, and cozy mysteries.
Lyrical Underground is looking for non-romance manuscripts or manuscripts with romantic elements but the main storyline in horror, psychological thriller, or suspense.
This sub call is good for three months from today July 14, 2015. Email full manuscript and 2-3 page synopsis to me, Corinne, at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Martin Biro at email@example.com
Part of my role with Lyrical Press, the main digital imprint of Kensington Publishing Corp is looking out for new acquisitions. This Sub Call is good for three months from today. Please email query, manuscript, and synopsis to Corinne: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Martin Biro – email@example.com
The good news is this year Lyrical is expanding to take on more than just romance. It is still our main genre, but we are looking to include non-romance titles into our catalog, as well.
As of right now, Kensington are looking for the following for Lyrical:
- Romantic Suspense
- Straight Suspense
- Historical Romance
But saying that, Kensington are open to anything that is awesome. So I’m going to stretch those wants a bit farther. I’d love to also see the following:
- Young Adult historical romance
- Young Adult dystopian romance
- Non-romance Young Adult (any subgenre but no angst please)
- New Adult – the sexier the better
- Stories set in non-US locations – from Ireland to the Ukraine to Bangladesh (but please, only stories where the author either has intimate knowledge of these locations or has done some hefty research. I can always tell when a writer is fluffing their setting, and setting is key to good storytelling)
- Romance with the heroines in a high-stress position such as fighter pilot, helicopter pilot, ship captain, surgeon or nontraditional, male-dominated roles, such as construction, mining, space travel, firefighter, camel trainer – you get the idea. Or maybe even if they just have a quirky position in life that others would find interesting because it’s SO different.
- Pure fantasy romance. Not UF, but pure worldbuilding fantasy with everything from dragons to warlocks to elves. Higher heat level preferred.
- Romance that includes current events or problems that we face in our society
- LGBT but with a strong suspense, thriller or otherwise dynamic plot, not just a characterization plot.
* Please allow me a couple months to get back to you, depending on the response from the sub call*
Check out the website for info on what Lyrical offers and submission guidelines.www.lyricalpress.com
Any book over 60K will be released simultaneously in digital and print!
Welcome! And thanks for stopping by. Today is the official launch of my editing site. I’m no designer (I’m an editor ha ha) but what you need to know about me and my editing is all here. But ask away if you can’t find something you are looking for. I’d be glad to hear from you! This site will grow, and in the future, I hope to include more services, plenty of industry recommendations and tips, and sub calls from myself and colleagues.
To celebrate my launch, I’m offering a reduced price on a Full Edit to .007/word for anyone who schedules editing with me (in a freelance capacity, not for Kensington) in the next month. This offer is good until February 28th. Don’t delay too long as I book months in advance.
**LAUNCH SPECIAL – BOOK A FULL EDIT FOR .007/WORD UNTIL 2/28/15**
Thank you and all the best!